So C (my wonderful husband) and I Decided we were going to start working out. Isn't that fun! Yesterday was really day 1, not today. We joined the spiffy new(er) gym near our house. It has a pool (yay), lots and lots of equipment I am slightly intimidated by, and even this thing called a cardio movie theatre.
We had a "free" introductory personal training session. It was really just an opportunity for a really buff guy to tell us how out of shape we were, torture us some, and then tell us we need to pay for him to torture us even more, on a regular basis. As much as having someone torture me, so I don't have to figure out how to torture myself is a great idea it would have cost more than our car payment every month on top of what we are paying for the gym itself. No thank you!
So the plan is to do this work out thing most days of the week. Our working theory is do it most days and then it's like brushing your teeth, harder to forget or put off. Anyway we failed miserably at getting up to go in the morning this morning, as I expect will happen most Mondays. So now we get to go after work, which for the record I am completely okay with. C on the other hand wants to do this crazy morning thing.
Goals? oh yeah I guess we have some of those. I want to be able to run a 5K by this summer, C just wants to lose some of the staying-up-all-night-and-eating-junk-food-to-stay-awake weight he put on while trying to work full time and go to school.
Does anyone want to tell us what we are supposed to do with all the equipment there with out charging a stupid amount of money every month with a 8-12 month commitment?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the blogging world!
ReplyDelete