Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feeding the addiction

Okay, I am officially coming clean. I have a tea problem. I keep around 20 different types of tea at any given time in my kitchen, possibly more as I just bought 5 new kinds. It's not a magic number but just what I think I happen to have in the kitchen at this exact moment. I didn't bother to count.
I don't drink coffee but tea, yes I drink lots and lots of tea. It's a wonderful beverage. It comes in just about any flavor under the sun, and I plan on working my way through them. At work they have this miraculous water cooler that gives me hot water any time I want it. Needless to say I pretty much have a cup of tea going at all times at work but I really really missed that convenience when I am home on the weekend.
Well this weekend I upgraded my small appliance selection in my house to feed my addiction. I added this:
It is a Zojirushi water boiler and warmer, I have no clue how to pronounce the name but it de-chlorinates, boils and keeps water at whatever temperature I tell it to indefinitely. Which pretty much means I can walk up push a button and I have tea. No waiting for the water to boil, and then cool to the correct tea making temperature.
It's my new best friend!
C. used it to make coffee in his french press which is perfect, one appliance, two different kinds of hot beverage. According to manual it came with it works well for instant noodles as well as having a not so hot option for baby formula. (because lord knows I just wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't make noodles with it?)
I have no reason in the world to use it for anything but tea which makes it pretty much nothing but an extravagance but I really really wanted it. So when Uncle Sam returned all my money he realized I shouldn't have given him in the first place I went out and bought it.
Oh and for the record it was much, much cheaper than the new TV C. absolutely felt we needed that also got ordered this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment